Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday's Muster #29

There must be a difference between collecting and saving. But if you save similar items, you soon have a collection, right? Well, these are Architectural Digest magazines that I have saved since the 1990s. There are a couple in the stack that feature western (Old West) decor, but today I'm showing the Hollywood issues I have. These highlight homes and interiors of film stars. some directors, and other behind the scenes people. If that type of thing interests you, these magazines really are a plethora of info.



Marilyn Monroe's last house.

Jean Harlow's stagey residence.

They even go as far back as the silent era. Here is Rudolph Valentino.

Bogart and Bacall.

John Wayne. Like that asymmetric display of art on the wall?  I do.

An unlikely chef-- Boris Karloff. Notice the vintage stove?

Lovely Doris Day. I'd take this house, thanks!

Natalie Wood in the 1950s. How about that TV??

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many, many more celebrities and their digs in these pages. Some current (well, as far as the 90s were concerned) stars too.

Fun reads!

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Now that is super interesting. Bet it's fun to look at all the movie stars homes. Some of those photos would make great framed prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thought...collecting vs. saving...I think I do a little bit of both!
    I bet these are so interesting to look through.
    Love seeing how the "upper crust" lived back in the day...compared to now days, that would be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some really great issues! I love finding great magazines at the library but I usually read them and return them. I don't have room for everything I love to collect! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that interesting peak into the movie star homes - those were a good thing to keep!! Very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is quite a collection! Very interesting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Blogger is behaving very badly, I can't see your photographs at all. All I'm getting is the name you've given to each photo, there isn't even a broken link icon? Very weird, I'd love to see those stars homes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guilty of both! I have a large collection of old Victoria magazines, plus I've fallen for a new magazine, Daphne's Diary, which comes from Holland, but I've found them locally (twice). Linda is bringing me the newest issue when she visits this weekend.

    ReplyDelete