Thursday, July 3, 2014

Aunt's Pyrex

I visited my 92-year-old aunt a few days ago. When she opened a kitchen cabinet, I saw vintage Pyrex dishes on the top shelf. Just to make conversation, I said, "Hey, Pyrex-- you know that's a hot collectible today."  She said, "Really? Do you want it?" I don't collect Pyrex. I have two small, red fridgies that were my grandmother-in-law's in my kitchen cupboard that I don't use. I said, "Well, I don't need them, but if you were going to get rid of them--"  "Oh, take them," she said. "I don't really like them; they're too heavy." So I did. They are cute.



Ironically enough there are two identical pink gooseberry fridgies in my dad's kitchen cabinet that he never uses either!

Have a nice day!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Diane - those are great little fridgies to have! You should use them! I use a small one every morning for my breakfast fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great little Pyrex containers. I have two, solid orange with clear lids, that used to be my mom's. Love those things. How nice that you've now got these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well blow me away! What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Really nice Pyrex too! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very lucky! I had no idea she had any Pyrex.

      Delete
  5. Always worth a peek in a cabinet. I think lots of aunts/uncles/grandparents have things like this tucked away that they never use anymore! Good score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously you're right! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. They are great for leftovers. I remember them I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink and turquoise. My favorite Pyrex combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I remember my mom had them. I guess they were pretty common back in the day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fortunate...
    I love those little fridgies!
    The Butterprint is my favorite. I have some of my moms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you say, people? Should we take up a collection and send Joe a box of Pyrex??

      Delete
  10. Loving those colours and designs, I vaguely remember those dishes, think my Mom may have had some back in the day.

    ReplyDelete