Thursday, July 10, 2014

Making Mini Books

I found a new use for my scrapbook paper: make small books or journals. I saw this tutorial at Paxton Valley Folk Art (Thanks, Deb!). I pared it down, a lot, to just make a book. Why? Well, my version goes faster, uses less materials, and I just thought a mini book to write in sounded nice.

In just a few of days, I've made seven books. Not sure if I'm keeping, selling, or giving, but I like how they turned out. They're about 2 1/4" square with 12 pages (6 front and back).



Is it too early for Halloween crafts?


If you want to give it a try, it's pretty easy as far as these type of projects go, and you're only limited by your imagination and materials-- add embellishments, use funky paper, make different sizes...

Have fun and thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. I might try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I would love to try to make one. Yours are so cute...I don't know which one I like best! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy in the craft department!!

    Those are so cute - the owl is my fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute project. I watched the tutorial thinking I would attempt these....About a quarter of the way through, I was already over my head:-(. I am artsy, just not craftsy......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making the books is more "mechanical" than my arty brain is used to, but I do like the results. If you pare it down like I did, it's a lot easier and quicker. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Get books Diane. You have a variety of covers there. They would be good to sell or giveaway. You could do both. Good job.

    ReplyDelete