Sunday, July 6, 2014

Christmas In July Card

After reading Lauren's blog post on Friday, I decided to join in a challenge and make a Christmas card, using supplies that are at least one year old. That was a little harder than I thought. I don't have a ton of Christmas paper and most of it I bought last season, but I did find some I've had for a couple (or more) years.

I used Christmas Delight/Great Big Cut-Outs from Little Yellow Bicycle, Simple Stories (don't know the paper name-- it's the ticket, holly leaves, "traditions," and the file tab at the bottom). The striped background is old too. I was down to about a three inch strip so I have no idea the company name-- sorry. The background text I've had for about 40 years (!), and the sheet music I picked up about four years ago.

Linking to Shop Our Stash and Jingle Belles. Thanks, folks!

9 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the memory frames my daughter makes. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sweet one, Diane!!! Amazing what you can find in your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...All my supplies are over a year old..I even have some cards that I've made that are over a year old!!! Stay cool..

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, even if you hadn't used 'christmas' paper-- I bet you could have pulled this off with things in your stash that
    LOOKED CHRISTMAS-Y...because you're that good!
    This is cute! Gosh...Christmas isn't really that far off is it?
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! this is an awesome card by any standard, and even cooler as an amazing use of every kind of stash, both commercial and "found" paper items! thanks for celebrating a very stashy xmas in july with us at shopping our stash and JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card! Love all the different elements you've used....Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash / Jingle Belles for the "Christmas in July" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you combined lots of different elements from your stash to make a fabulous holiday design ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Diane, don't you love using up old stuff from your stash?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! All that texty goodness! Love those little cut outs from Simple Stories (I'm addicted to them) :) So glad you came to play with us at Shopping our Stash for Christmas in July :)

    ReplyDelete