Thursday, November 19, 2015

Some Xmas Finds and One Estate Sale

The vintage Christmas finds have really run dry in my area over the last few years. What I see is mostly 1980s and 90s stuff (I'll restrain myself from using the word "junk"). I did find these kitschy (I'll restrain myself from using the word "junky") Christmas mugs, made in Hong Kong. The jumping jack Santa pin is marked "made in China" so that very well could fall into the 80s/90s category. The unused Christmas pencils are most certainly newish, and will make cheap but useful stocking stuffers.

I also went to an estate sale and found a 1970s Christmas book. The other items of note are two Hong Kong postcard books, a 1933 Nancy Drew type book, and some Hallmark owl notecards. The owls didn't show up too well-- hot pink and white!


The photos in the postcards books are really nice.

That Christmas book is geared at children. It talks about Christmas traditions as well as shows crafts.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I agree on the Christmas finds. I rarely see anything worthless around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I see tons of Christmas stuff in my shopping travels, but honestly I cannot tell the difference between vintage and new . There is so much that is made to look vintage, as Christmas is such tradition, I don't know the difference, so I typically stay away from even looking at the huge Christmas selection at the thrift shops. I just find Christmas books, those are easy to detect, as they are dated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are ways to date Xmas such as where it was made. Usually the older stuff has a nicer, less cheesy look. Yep, love books-- no guessing their age! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Cute owls..You made quite a haul..Great books too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to find something you liked Diane, the books are great.

    ReplyDelete