Monday, July 27, 2015

ICAD Getting Down To The Wire

Catching up on my ICAD cards today. This first one I made using the prompt "Fashion." The skirt image was cut from a 1950s sewing pattern. There are more pattern pieces and instructions in the background. I added the dots and flower on the left with a marker.

Here is a simple one, but I like the way it turned out. Scrapbook paper, washi tape, a cool cat sticker, and some marker.

This turned out to be one of my favorites. The main image is part of an old greeting card. The clouds, and additions on the left and right were added with markers. I did color in a few of the windows too. You probably didn't notice, but this is the only card I haven't dated so far. I didn't see an unobtrusive or conducive place to stamp it so left it off.

The fruit and large flower are old seals-- remember those? They were sold in small booklets before stickers became popular. Scrapbook paper, old book text, vintage trading stamps, and markers were also used.

This one is a smaller version of a page I made in my art journal. I liked the way that turned out so made a similar version for ICAD.

I used watercolor on the background here, and a cute lyric from old sheet music. The flowers were drawn in with a marker.

Thanks for looking as always and have a creative day!

6 comments:

  1. YOWZA missus!!! not only am i gonna miss making my own icads... it'll miss seeing YOURS, too! i love every single one of these. seriously. wow. the last is my fave tho... the swipes of color, the flowers, the little scrap of lyrics... SWOON city!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards..You are so creative..I bet you just whip them up in no time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ICADs! My favorite in this bunch is the very first one--Fashion. Awesome composition and color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great index cards yet again Diane, especially love the lovely bright houses and the water colour card, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Many thanks for the visit and the comment!

      Delete