Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Little Things

I haven't shown much in my new dollhouse in quite a long time (which is probably how I started the last dollhouse post). I made a (non-working-- let's not get carried away) roman shade in the bedroom that I have yet to do anything else with except paint it blue.

Decorated the front quite a bit. Added everything you see. I made the mailbox which doesn't show up too well here, but bought everything else. Kind of hard to make a gold eagle.

The local dollhouse store is closing its doors soon (the owner is retiring) so I bought a couple things on sale, including this little train.

Also picked up a sale nightstand which I put under the window. Bought a cat in a bed, and made the two wooden vases out of a weird, vintage bead that I cut in half.

Last time I mentioned I was going to try this wooden flooring that is printed right off the internet. It turned out pretty nice. I just taped it here and there underneath. If you wanted something more permanent (and probably better looking), you could Mod Podge it down. I might even do that some century.

So there you have it. No immediate plans for more projects, but I should really pop in to the dollhouse store one last time before it's too late.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Years ago, I made little room vignettes so I totally understand your love of your doll house which is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like peeking inside your sweet doll house and seeing all the pretty things. The wood floor looks very nice! I still have 'doll house' on my wish list! It would be fun! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the Front door. The hardwood floors look wonderful. There are a lot of Internet sites that have miniatures. I used to have a neighbor that did them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, love the floors and all the fun miniatures.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun Diane. You definitely should go back to the miniature store before they close. There isn't a lot of those stores still in business anymore. Your house looks cute.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking great Diane! I admire your patience and ability to work that small, it drives me to distraction (and usually to drink!) working that small.

    ReplyDelete