Friday, October 10, 2014

The Haunted Dollhouse Exterior

Remember the five dollar garage sale dollhouse I bought a couple weeks ago? Here it is fresh out of my car.

Here it is with a new exterior paint job and a couple additions. My first thought was to leave the black roof and trim and paint the siding a medium gray which would have been nice for a haunted house. However, I didn't have any gray paint on hand; I did have two shades of purple, and bright yellow that I could tone down with white. What do you think?

 I bought the eagle and door handles new-- under two bucks total.

You might think there is not much progress on the inside, but I got off most of the wallpaper which was no easy task. Someone glued it to bare wood-- never a good idea. I'm now painting the ceilings.

I also bought one of these dollhouse furniture kits. Pretty nifty if you have a child to spot the teeny holes for you. It's all snap-apart plastic that is glued here and there. Looks nice when completed.

I'm enjoying working on this house outside, but I think those days are numbered!

Thanks for viewing.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! We've got a doll house we built for our daughter many years ago. It needs a facelift. I think I'll let her do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house and the changes you are making. I wish I was there to play with you....oh, I mean help you with the work! haha! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I always wanted a dollhouse but never had one! What are your plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!
    Love the Haunted House idea... funny we must be on the same wave link... I was thinking of leaving my big house that needs super fixing up... on the dining room buffet with a string of lights in it...giving an eerie glow... looks sort of haunted already!
    :)

    ReplyDelete