Friday, October 10, 2014

The Haunted Dollhouse Exterior

Remember the five dollar garage sale dollhouse I bought a couple weeks ago? Here it is fresh out of my car.

Here it is with a new exterior paint job and a couple additions. My first thought was to leave the black roof and trim and paint the siding a medium gray which would have been nice for a haunted house. However, I didn't have any gray paint on hand; I did have two shades of purple, and bright yellow that I could tone down with white. What do you think?

 I bought the eagle and door handles new-- under two bucks total.

You might think there is not much progress on the inside, but I got off most of the wallpaper which was no easy task. Someone glued it to bare wood-- never a good idea. I'm now painting the ceilings.

I also bought one of these dollhouse furniture kits. Pretty nifty if you have a child to spot the teeny holes for you. It's all snap-apart plastic that is glued here and there. Looks nice when completed.

I'm enjoying working on this house outside, but I think those days are numbered!

Thanks for viewing.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! We've got a doll house we built for our daughter many years ago. It needs a facelift. I think I'll let her do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house and the changes you are making. I wish I was there to play with you....oh, I mean help you with the work! haha! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I always wanted a dollhouse but never had one! What are your plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!
    Love the Haunted House idea... funny we must be on the same wave link... I was thinking of leaving my big house that needs super fixing up... on the dining room buffet with a string of lights in it...giving an eerie glow... looks sort of haunted already!
    :)

    ReplyDelete