Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday's Muster #37

Who's got the button? Yes, today's collection is buttons which I keep in the tins shown here.


Once again the question arises-- is it a collection or just stuff I've saved?  Well, a lot of these are old; I inherited them from a number of relatives so maybe that is more of a collection? At any rate, here are some interesting ones. I put a penny in each shot to give a sense of scale.






If you can't get enough of old buttons, visit this post, featuring a shadowbox I made of some old buttons.

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. I was on a button kick for quite a while myself, I have lots and some old ones too. I was making button wreaths but haven't done one of them lately. I have them in jars, in cans, in containers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very familiar. Blazer buttons, those woven leather buttons.... fun to try to put them on something in my mind. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. De-lurking to say I love buttons! I have a huge jar of my paternal grandmothers and now I want to make a shadowbox like the one you did for your Aunt Madge. My favorite part of my collection is a small box that was mailed to her in the 50's with her order still inside. Anyway, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice variety. I don't think I've ever seen a button tin...very neat! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a set of those leather looking ones and quite a few of the anchor type as well. Earlier this summer I sorted all of mine, for color, and I can't guess how many I have, but they fill plastic bags and a few plastic containers as used for embroidery thread or fishing supplies. I suspect most are only valuable to me, but I do enjoy them. Now to do more projects!

    ReplyDelete