Friday, October 3, 2014

More Thrift Buys

Another week of a few thrifty buys has come and gone. Here is the nice little haul. Two tins; the English one on the right is pretty old, and the Crayola one is nicely dated 1992 (hey, that's the year I got married). A poetry book with a Marshall Fields price tag and one more vintage card. I bought this at the same store where I found the other ones last week-- so who missed it-- them or me?

Yes, that's a Josef Original girl. She is a birthstone girl for October. The little bud vase (what would you call it?) is Amish and signed on the front and bottom.

I generally don't show the everyday, dull stuff I find at the thrift store, but what the heck? I use crochet cotton to make the cording for hang tags. More cheap wrapping paper, and the candy corn thing is a plastic tray. I only have one tray in my house and could use another one. Even though this one is seasonal, it'll do for fifty cents.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I always like seeing the thrift stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great finds! You have a knack. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little Amish girl! You found some neat things. Happy weekend my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyday dull stuff? Really?
    The tray isn't dull... it definitely caught my eye. The thread...oh yeah!
    I would buy that up too! I never thought of using it for the hang tags. Good idea.
    that little vase is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete