Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gurley Wednesday

With December getting closer every minute (obviously), I am giving Wacky Pack Wednesday a well deserved vacation for the rest of the year.  In its place, I bring you "Gurley Wednesday." For anyone unfamiliar with Gurley candles, you can read a brief history here when I posted a couple of Easter candles.  If you want a detailed history, check out Wikipedia.

Ninety-nine percent of these candles I inherited from from grandmother, and about ninety percent of those were purchased by my mother to give to her mother in the 1950s.

Enough groundwork, I give you Gurley candle #1:

This was always one of my favorites.  Notice Rudolph is wearing Santa's hat?  Cute.
And as I have said before-- these original prices just kill me!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love these old candles :) I saw the church steeple one as well.

    I wish my mom had kept her old stuff....

    ReplyDelete