Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Thrifted Memories

The latest finds include two old games. This some what beat up Memory game does hold a lot of memories for me. We played it a lot when I was a kid. I have another set that I also found second-hand. This one I intended to sell (it's incomplete) but I noticed they're not going for as much as I thought, or as much as they used to. So I think I see some craft projects in its future instead.


I also found a very loved Spill and Spell game. Will be selling the dice.

I picked up three old books- a Gregg shorthand, a Dana Girls mystery, and The Egg and I (ever see the movie?). The vase is hand blown crackle glass. My sister has one like it in blue that belonged to our mother. Must be from the early 60s.

 And a pretty neat old tea towel. 
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I remember "Memories" but not"spill and spell"...Guess I had a deprived childhood.....Hope you had a good day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister had that memory game I think. It looks familiar.

    Shorthand - there's a lost skill, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old games. Wish you were close and we could play some of them together. I have one of the Dana mysteries. I'll have to check and see if it's the same one! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finds, that Memory game is fab and think of all the possibilities with those Spill and Spell dice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter loved Spill & Spell - still have it!!!

    ReplyDelete