Tuesday, February 10, 2015

1967 Fashions for Boys

Today's Sears catalog excerpt is focusing on clothing for boys. First up, overcoats, and a fedora, no less!

Okay, guys, the next time you cringe at having to wear a suit, just be thankful plaid jackets went out of style.

The 60s guys just couldn't get away from plaid!!


The next two photos remind me of the Dennis the Menace TV show for some reason; it went off the air in '64. And, yes, more plaid!!



I just threw this in for inflation reference. Three pairs of socks for $1.19!!

I remember boys wearing jackets like these.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!

9 comments:

  1. That's the year my first son was born. My boys all wore suits to church. Oh my! What memories! Have a fun day my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish we all dressed like this again - well, almost like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, YES, i don't think i realized how much PLAID-- or how exuberant the plaids were-- in the late 60's. we're used to seeing the ladies' fashions from that era, but in some ways the men & boys were even more extreme!!! (plus yeah, the boy-sized fedora is worth however much the book cost... holy moly... that image will amuse/bemuse me for several days i'm sure!) awesome find, missus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only remember the baseball jackets. Maybe I am blocking the rest of the outfits out because dressing like that traumatized me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband had 2 plaid sport coats..I think those rain coats are still in style..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have totally rocked a fedora and a plaid jacket. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like the plaid shirt in photo 7. Thanks Di!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weren't they stylish??? Fun post, Diane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, fedoras for boys?! Thanks for the flash from the past Diane.

    ReplyDelete