Saturday, June 14, 2014

Second Week of ICAD

Index Card A Day (ICAD) is in its second week. If you don't know what in the world I'm talking about, read my post here or visit official ICAD info here. Below are the cards I made this week.

I followed the prompt "Yellow" for this one, using snippets from a 1970s magazine.

Doodling with markers.

I came across the black and white illustration in my stash (from a vintage magazine) and decided to put it to use.

More vintage pattern goodness.

The prompt for this card was "Toy Camera." How about scrapbook paper camera?

June 12th was my daughter's birthday so I had to commemorate that epic event.

This prompt was "Book Review." I scanned the cover of one of my favorite "chapter books," as they say today, from when I was a kid. The text is from the book, typed on an "old" electronic typewriter from the 1990s.

I had to honor Flag Day which it is today.

So Happy Flag Day. Wave it proudly!!

Linking to Daisy Yellow blog/ICAD HQ.

9 comments:

  1. Some really cute cards there..Happy Flag Day to you as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ICs are stunning. I'm still in awe as I scroll through them time after time. I've kept the weekly prompt, but not the daily one. I like what you have done, though.

    I had a neighbor give me some old magazines. I looked through them, and saved the ads because they are SO funny and fun. They are a history lesson, too, since I was rather shocked at how inexpensive so many things were.

    Thanks for sharing these beauties, and hope you had a great Flag Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the nice remark. Kind of to the contratry, I'm shocked at how expensive prices are today!! By the way, I really like the Flag Day image on your blog post.

      Delete
  3. You make so many neat things! Love the postcards you found in the previous post. I always look for vintage FL but they are hard to find. Enjoy your day my friend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh YOWZA! what a bounty of amazing ICAD goodness! every single one of these is fabulous! i especially looooooooove the yellow collage! and the doodly flowers! and the sewing pattern lady! ok, i think i love all of them equally... probably shoulda said that first, lol! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say, your doodling looks spot on perfection!! I like every card you made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! The camera one is super fun! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete