Friday, June 27, 2014

Christmas in June and Other Finds

The past week netted some thrift finds from various local sales. I should have more to show for all the driving around I did, but that's usually the way it goes.  A bamboo Las Vegas tray, recipe card box, a terra cotta pot which I needed, Xmas decoration, Milles Borne game, a Xmas cookie tin, and a Xmas tree pin (in front of the recipe box).

Here is a better look at that decoration. It has a number stamped on the bottom but no maker name. Looks Swedish, don't you think?

And surprise-- there were three sets of index cards inside the recipe box.  I didn't know that when I bought it. Here is a better look at the pin too.

Those Milles Borne cards are cool for paper crafting. They're in my Etsy shop, but if they don't sell, I'll do something with them.

It seems like the yard sales are not too abundant this season. Wonder why? Hope you are having more luck in your area!

Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. That little Christmas guy is really cute!!

    I don't hold much hope for any good yard sales around here, hope you have better luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We played Milles Borne all the time when I was a kid - it's one of my favorite games. We still have ours and play it when we're at the lake.

    Lots of garage and estate sales in my area today. I have to work til 10:00 and then off I go. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very fun blog! I'm off for some estate sales today too. Oh the fun of the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little Swedish guy. I've found a couple that look similar and they sure are sweet. Great finds my friend! I don't go to yard sales but the old thrift store always has some good stuff! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cookie tin looks familiar. Sorry you're not having much luck at yard sales. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to a yard sale in eons! I was thinking about hitting up some in our area in the morning. If I do I'll let you know how it goes!
    those index cards will come in handy for your ICAD projects. ;)
    I kid you not... My mom had an index card file box JUST LIKE THAT ONE! Same color and everything. ;)
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds Diane. No garage sales around here, hope things pick up for you soon so you don't have to drive so far!

    ReplyDelete