Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Complaining Pays Off (For Once)

I just posted a few finds yesterday, stating they had been scant lately; then a few days later I found a couple good sales. Ye of little faith.

How about two quite old Dakin Dream Pets? These are very cute, and I had to buy both-- how could you split them up? Yep, I think of weird things like that.

Two aluminum tumblers, a 1970s owl candle holder (the eyes are cut out so the candle light shows through), a brass foot ash tray; remember when bare feet "stuff" was in style? I had an orange foot throw rug in my bedroom for while. And, lo and behold, an enamel flower pin. These have become really rare out in the "wilds".

Some old sewing patterns and rick rack. I use the rick rack for trim on note cards occasionally.

A box full of small gold envelopes. What do you think? For a wedding reception? A golden anniversary celebration? At any rate, I thought they might work for some of my crafting; maybe glue them in the notebooks I've been making??

1970s craft mags

1940s sheet music (I like the song on the right-- too bad I don't play the piano!), and an old, unused photo album.

These are hard to find-- old mail order catalogs from Montgomery Ward and Sears. Both are from 1978.

Let's look inside those catalogs. Until I opened one, I wasn't thinking this was the disco era!



There are some everyday type fashions too. I remember this style well.

And your letters today are N and O.

So maybe I should gripe about lousy finds more often!

Have a good day!

9 comments:

  1. I love those cute dream pets! And the Mary Poppins game is great. You know I love toys too! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you got some great stuff!!

    Love the tumblers and the enamel pin.

    I had the blue barefoot rug. I had it on the floor next to my bed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The catalogues really hit home with me--what an era!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to have the pets. I too have Tiger and monkey. They are small but cute...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! I haven't found anything great lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a haul! Love the vintage sheet music and the old album. And my comment for your alphabet collage book, neat one!

    ReplyDelete