Monday, September 23, 2013

They've Flown The Coop

I found two empty birds' nests in my yard last week. A bit odd. I've never really seen that many down in my entire life then two in one week? It wasn't very windy either.

In fact, my family has found a lot of nests in the last year or so. This one is quite small and made of grass only. It was a little more 3-D than this originally; it was beaten down by rain. Found this one a month or so ago.

These my daughter saved and has on display on our front porch. They are from last year.


Nests are pretty amazing when you think about it. A little bird built these with no "training." People can't even do that!

Have an amazing day!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing! And when you find a certain bird nest, all birds of that type make the same kind of nest. As the leaves fall, we'll spy a nest here and there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are quite the engineers...and do them in no time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing collection. Your daughter saved some really nice ones. We have one above our back door every year and we find lots of thread, snips of material, and of course the regular materials. They are robins and when the babies are born we can see them out our upstairs window. It is amazing to watch mama feed them all, watch them grow and then leave the nest. We look forward to it each year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this thing for birds nests...they call to my heart.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete