Saturday, September 7, 2013

More 70s Decor

Here are a few more pages from the 1975 Better Homes and Garden Decorating Book.  Who would think to put an old radio in a modern setting?  Looks good though.

Pretty cool dinette set.

Fun kitchen. I like the place settings too. Notice the bandanas for napkins?

Sure, I'll take a laundry room like this. My laundry is in a dark, dank basement with usually a spider watching my every move.

Nice cupboards!

How cool is this? Timeless idea.

So what happened to cool, funky decorating? As I recall, it went to country blue and mauve then shabby chic white which seems to be in quite a rut. Let's see some new trends out there!

Have a great Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Love all these looks...Very retro and very colorful...life is too short to be boring...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the white..I actually like looking at it but I don't think I'd like to live with it..I like the warmth of woods..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those pictures look like houses we looked at up here, time stands still in the Okanagan.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The more things change the more they stay the same"...isn't that how the saying goes?
    THIS WEEK:
    I just saw someone using wooden spoons in their window as a valance...
    Brenda @ Cozy Little House...just decoupaged her kitchen cabinets with graphics
    I see tables scapes ALL THE TIME.
    The vintage radio/record player??? I saw someone turn theirs into a laundry hamper?! ...and put it in their SNAZZY LAUNDRY ROOM!

    There TRULY is NOTHING NEW under the sun!
    It is fun seeing these images. Thanks. Pat

    ReplyDelete