Friday, September 20, 2013

A Good Week In Junque

I had quite a lot of luck late last week at garage sales and one stumbled upon estate sale. A beat up shorthand book-- keeping for collage work. Old cook book. Quirky "Confucius say..." cocktail napkins. A knee hugger elf, and an 1891 Swedish Psalm book-- also beat up but very charming.

A Royal Doulton Bunnykins mug. Never used 1970s party invitations, and who can pass up a Rolodex for 25 cents?

Not one but two 1960s Batman (or is that Batmen?) mugs. Yes, I'll be keeping one of these. 1970s whale bank. Two small ashtrays; the orange one is marked "Germany" on the back. Very cute Brock farm scene plate.

Dolls and more dolls! Holly Hobbie cloth doll. A handmade Asian girl-- great clothes on her. The Baby Small Talk (in blue dress) is from the 1960s/70s-- I actually had one of these!  And believe it or not, my sister had the Goldilocks doll (green dress and from the same era). What a weird coincidence to find them at the same sale.

And speaking of weird coincidence, we bumped into our next door neighbor at the estate sale.  He had bought two club chairs so we brought one home for him in our car. Fate?

Linking to The Thrifty Groove and Thrifty Things Friday.

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Aaahhh....you found a little pixie! I collect them but they are getting harder and harder to find. I love all of your dolls of course, the little Oriental dollie sure is sweet. Love cookbooks and all of your great finds! You did amazing and had fun, too! I love coincidences! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I've ever found a pixie at a garage sale. The cookbooks are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool finds! I love the 70's stuff always and that Batman mug...love!! Thanks for sharing your finds at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a haul..Love the little whale bank..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did really great saling!!! Many, many great things. I love the whale and the Swedish Psalms book. What finds!!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete