Friday, September 6, 2013

70s Decor

I picked up a Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Book at a recent garage sale with the intent to resell. When I flipped thorough it at home, I decided it was a keeper. Published in 1975 it combines the mod era with that nostalgia/antique movement. Very cool.

This first picture shows the same room done in different colors. Quite a difference. Which one do you prefer? By the way, click on any photo to bring it up larger.

Say good-bye to boring doors with these fun colors.

Arrows anyone? I don't remember them being this popular. Quite a statement!


What a fun redo on an old bathroom! Believe it or not, my sister and I painted out bedroom these exact colors, bright yellow walls and dark/bright orange trim, somewhere around 1977. It was fun, but I have to admit when we repainted off-white over it years later, it did seem much more calm and cool.

Decor sure has changed. I have a few more shots from this book I'll post tomorrow.

Have a colorful day!

4 comments:


  1. How fun, Diane. Looking forward to tomorrow. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is so vibrant. The Arrows...definite 70's theme.
    I would love to have a set of beds with the corner table... what were those called?
    I prefer the green dining room at the top ...even though yellow is all over my kitchen right now.

    I wonder if in about 30 years...people will look back at the burlap and rusty rooms we have and wonder: "Was burlap really that popular,back then?" hahaha!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been quite the room you had, I bet your friends envied you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love bright colors. And I always decorate the way I like...no matter what....lol

    ReplyDelete