Sunday, April 21, 2013

Holy Collectibles, Batman!

I was a very young fan of the 1960s Batman TV series.  So much so that my mother noted in my sister's baby book that one of her first words was "Batman" due to me.  I decided to post my Batman collection at the request of Pat from Corn In My Coffee Pot.  I mentioned in another post I have some Batman items, and she asked to see them. So, Pat, this is for you!

My children's dish set.  My grandmother bought this for me for some occasion, probably a birthday.  It's in really good condition which is surprising because I used it a lot.  I display the plate on my kitchen wall, and the bowl and cup on a nearby kitchen shelf.

 The Boy Wonder adorns the other side of the above cup.

A Fire-King coffee mug which has been mine all these years too.   As a kid, I used it for hot chocolate.  Surprised this has survived too.

 Reverse side of the mug.

An autographed 8 x 10 photo of Batgirl, Yvonne Craig.  I purchased this from her website quite a few years ago.  It hangs near my Batman plate in my kitchen.  Do you remember the opening, animated credits for the show?  If Batgirl was in the episode, she drove across the screen on her motorcycle-- that always made me happy!

More to come tomorrow... same Bat time, same Bat channel!


2 comments:

  1. I was a big Batman fan too. I remember being grounded from watching TV for week once and I snuck over to my friends house and watched the Batman episode at his house. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cream in my Coffee! I love it! I would be drinking my coffee from that mug everyday! I love milk glass. Right now...that BLUE IS HOT!
    I remember those dishes too. Very cool set, and the signed photo--so great!
    thanks for showing it. Can't wait for the Sequel.
    ...Will Diane be able to top this dynamic trio of collectibles?
    Will she surprise us with even more Batman goodies?

    Stay tuned! lol!
    these are great.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete