Monday, April 1, 2013

Cheap Trick Day & Etc

April First, lots of happenings!  It is "Cheap Trick Day" in Illinois-- no fooling! I've been a fan of the Rockford, IL based band since my high school days.  I'm also a long-standing member of their fan club.  I made this mini collage last year.  The photo is from their early days.


It is also the Cubs' season opener in Pittsburg.  I hope opening April First is not a sign of things to come.  After last season, us fans deserve some good games!

Of course, everyone knows it is April Fool's Day.  Ever really trick anyone?  I remember being a kid and telling my dad his shoelace was untied when it wasn't. Ho, ho.  When I was in my twenties, a colleague from my office called her husband and had him looking all over their house for her train ticket.  In frustration he sighed, "You lost it on the first day of the month..."  Then it dawned on him he had been had.

And of total uninterest to anyone out there, April First is also the day my maternal grandfather was born.

Inspiration Avenue has a theme of "April" so I am linking up with all these exciting April events!

So enjoy all of your celebrating on this momentous day!

5 comments:

  1. Have you been to the museum in Rockford that is featuring their stuff? The exhibit will only be there a little longer I think.
    http://www.rickspickslive.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... no POLL?
    is this some April Foolery?
    ...love the Cheap Trick collage.
    and learned a bit of trivia. Did NOT know April 1st was Cheap Trick Day...anywhere!

    Have a great week!Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea it was Cheap Trick day...and I live in Illinois! Great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally missed Cheap Trick Day. I love your collage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there was a Cheap Trick Day. Thanks for joining our Inspiration Avenue challenge!

    ReplyDelete