Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dining Room Dogs Part 1

I inherited a very nice collection of dog figurines from my mother.  Lucky me.  Most are from the 1950s.  I have added some thrift store/flea market/antique store finds here and there over the years.  I have them scattered throughout my house, and there are quite a lot in storage.  These gems are in my dining room at the moment.

 Cute Terrier

 Lovely Collie

 Two Bulldogs; the one on the left is wooden

Beautiful Borzoi; this one I bought at an antique store.  "Canada 1959" is written on the bottom.

Little French Bulldog

Tune in tomorrow for Part 2.  I didn't want to bore readers with too many photos at once.

Linking to Mockingbird Hill Cottage's "A Favorite Thing."  Love dogs and love dog collectibles.

Have a doggone good day!

12 comments:

  1. What a nice little collection. I like the Terrier the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet doggies!! Thanks for your visit and comment. Do "pretty up" your drawer. They are so much fun to decorate. You'll realy enjoy it! Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute little things. I especially like the one from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have such curios from your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dogs! All of them; can't wait to see more. We've always had at least one dog and can't imagine life without one so, of course, I enjoy dog likenesses too. I remember, as a little girl, using a tiny dog figurine as my "free" when we played bingo. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doggone It!!! I don't have any dog figurines! Unless salt and pepper shakers of WeinieDogs count! Thanks for show off your collection. I can see how they could be lots of folks' favorite thing.
    Sue CollectInTexasGal
    AtoZ LoneStar Quilting Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I love dog figurines! I have lots of them and had to stop collecting them because I was running out of space. Now I can enjoy looking at yours too!!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. You couldn't bore me with dog anything! These are adorable - so sweet. What a lovely collection!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet little treasures, a treat to see! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, what a wonderful collection <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a cute collection. I've loved seeing all of them. I mentioned in another comment...that I wish I had my moms turtles...I had no idea these were from you mom! I love them.
    They are so interesting. I like that you're adding to them.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete