Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mod Xmas

Ever unpack Christmas decorations and say, "Oh yeah!  I forgot about these." That's what I said when I unwrapped these two flower power ornaments.  I picked them up cheap at a thrift store last year.  They're a kind of paper mache material-- sort of unusual.  I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Well, okay, if she likes them..." Well, I do!  So mod!


I originally felt like I needed to apologize for the plastic canvas ornaments showing in the photo.  My eight-year-old bought a shoebox full of ornaments at an estate sale this fall, and those were in there.  She thought the box held the best treasures.  To be honest, seeing those on my tree is kind of heartwarming.  Someone made those, no family member wanted them, so they found a home on a little girl's tree.  Hmm... sounds like a plot for a picture book.  Feel free to whip up a bestseller!  Besides, if my daughter posted a picture of her ornaments on her blog, she might write something like, "I feel like I need to apologize for the mod flower ornaments.  My mom bought them at a thrift store..."

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Well I think your tree looks fabulous...But then again I was a MOD!!! Have a wonderful Christmas & A Happy New Year.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those ornaments! They're fabulous!

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete