Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Necessary Room


 Getting back to the dollhouse, here is the bathroom:


The three fixtures are still available today, but mine are pretty old, 35 years or more. The toilet is the old-fashioned type with the tall tank, but for years it kept falling over until I finally cut it short.  No more falling.  My sister made the rugs-- very nice! 

The hamper is really old, very early 70s.  My sister and I shared a dollhouse prior to me getting this one, and it was full of plastic furniture.  This is one of those pieces although I painted it; it was a bright aqua blue.  Cool, but it didn't match.  Believe it or not, I just saw the same hamper on Ebay!  It was part of a complete set sold in a blister pack (no, I didn't buy it but was tempted).

Enjoy and tomorrow we'll move onto the bedroom!

P.S. Did you notice the toilet brush moved?  I don't remember doing that-- I shot these pictures a while ago.  Maybe my house is haunted (by very clean ghosts!!).

1 comment:

  1. Such attention to detail!
    I like the planter and the waste basket match,too.
    I did notice the toilet brush--but not that it moved, until you pointed it out.
    :P

    ReplyDelete