Saturday, October 6, 2012

Proverbs Sampler

In keeping with my squirrelly posts this week, here is a sampler my mom stitched way back in the early 1970s.  Can you see that era's influence with the mushrooms and colors?  It's fairly large, about 16 x 20 inches.  Originally in a narrow gold frame that was pretty nice, the joints were separating when it came into my hands in the 1990s.  I had it reframed-- when that service was still affordable.


So I know a viewer should be focusing on the verse-- and I sometimes do-- but I have to admit, my favorite part is the squirrel.


Again this Saturday, I am linking to Mockingbird Hill Cottage's "A Favorite Thing." Pretty fun to explore new blogs!

Pop over enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! And, yes, that squirrel would probably my favorite, as well!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your header and blog great content good energy have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy doing needlework, and seeing pieces from various places. I especially love samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the first scripture I ever memorized, way back when the dinosaurs roamed (: And I love squirrels too ~ in fact they may show up in a future Favorite Thing post of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice and it is a cute squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely piece. I love the birds on top. Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet sampler and I too love that squirrel!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful sampler and one of my favorite verses! The squirrel does add a cute touch! Have a great week!

      Delete