Friday, October 19, 2012

The Bedroom

Here is the only bedroom in my dollhouse.  Mostly older items; the pictures are the newest.  And speaking of pictures, the Gone With The Wind poster is a Dover sticker that happened to fit that frame perfectly.  Dover art stickers are a pretty good size for dollhouse art.  My sister made all of the crocheted pieces, including the curtains and throw rug.  Such teeny work!



This is the crocheted pillow on the bed.  Love it!

The bed my mother made decades ago out of a box and some leftover fabric (the fabric was left over from making me a robe).

So when my daughter got a dollhouse about three years ago, I decided if Mom could make a bed-- so could I.  Here is the one I made, using mine as a model.  Not half bad.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. I'm loving seeing a tour of your little house.
    I want one of these!
    I think it would be so fun to do with my little grand-daughter.
    I never did this with my daughters. I did have a Barbie house when I was a girl. It came with furniture. But...I also had a Granny that made furniture for me to play with at her house...becaue my aunt who was only 5years older didn't have a Barbie house. My Granny made us a couch out of the weird shape styrofoam piece that she covered with cool looking vinyl.
    So fun!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete