Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Living Room

The last room on our dollhouse tour; also the biggest room in the house, the living room.  The fireplace I bought within the last couple of years.  Everything else is pretty old, including the paint on the right side.  The whole room was that color back in the 70s; it was my folks' living room color.  I used the leftover paint.  I've left it all these years because it matches the couch so well.  And the wallpaper is actually a Early American reproduction.



Speaking of the couch, it's a bit off scale which kind of bugs me, but my mom made it out of an upholstery sample of the same decade as that wall paint.  She also made the mini afghan.

So there you have all the rooms.  Tomorrow I'll post the whole enchilada.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I had a dollhouse when I was a child. My mother made all the furniture. I wonder what happened to it.? I am going to ask her about it .
    Smiles Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so wonderful. My favorite part I think in this room...is the painting. The American Folk Art... "The Girl in Red Dress" ... perfect for this room.

    Thanks for showing it!
    Can't wait to see the whole enchilada! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chair and afghan your mom made! Cherished pieces from family and paint from the house you grew up in... what could be more perfect in a old doll house? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the folk art painting the most here but I just basically love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at these doll houses, they satisfy my "mini object" fetish quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete