Saturday, October 27, 2012

How To Care For Your Monster

With Halloween right around the corner, I decided to share this children's book, How To Care For Your Monster.  Written by Norman Bridwell (also Clifford The Big Red Dog author), it was published in 1970.  This copy was a hand-me-down from some older neighbors when I was a kid; I still enjoy it, and now so does my daughter.


The helpful hints on winning a "monster show" are a real "howl." 


And how about taking your monster trick-or-treating?


And while we're on the subject, here are a few more Halloween type books I like to set out; they are some of my favorite decorations.

I remember this "Haunted House" book as the must have item from the school library.  It also had an accompanying record which I don't have.

Again this Saturday, I am linking to Mockingbird Hill Cottage's "A Favorite Thing." Take a peek; lots of fun posts.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I love all things books and children's books remain a favorite. These are a perfect contribution for this week's party. Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read couple of those when I was a kid. :O
    Thanks for the memories! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute idea to use Halloween books as decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea to use the books as part of your decorations -- I'll have to remember that! I think I've read How to Care for Your Monster to my granddaughter -- it looks familiar. Cute post!
    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea for a post. Halloween children's books are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books that were handed down, Diane. I still have a lot of the books that I owned as a child, as well as the books my child had. And many have been passed along to my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete