Friday, January 30, 2015

The 12 Tags of 2015

Anyone in the paper craft biz has probably heard of Tim Holtz. His blog shares a tag making how-to every month and invites readers to make their own version and link up. I never thought too much about joining in as I don't make many tags these days, and due to a small craft space and a small budget, I don't own most of the supplies used to make these tags. However, the ever busy Deb at Paxton Valley Folk Art is joining in this year (pop over to view her wonderful take on the tag), and that spurred me to jump on the bandwagon.

Another point that made me decide to join in is the fact stated on Tim's blog that your creation does not have to be a tag. Sold! I made an ATC instead with a matching inchie since that is what I've been making lately. The words were cut from an old school reader; the 5 and "one" are scrapbook stickers. The letters for "twenty" were cut from a 1930s magazine. The arrow is washi tape, and the star was cut from scrapbook paper. The background on both is more scrapbook paper, and the "15" on the inchie is stamped.

Seeing the different submission of Tim's tag is very interesting. This should be an enlightening project!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. That turned out great and I'm going to go check out Tim's blog even tho I sure don't have the time for any more projects.

    I found 2 estate sales to go to today. I'm practically giddy! :-) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love the colors and the composition. I would have a hard time cutting into an old school reader, though. I'll check out Tim's blog. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it..I'm almost inspired..They'd be fun to do but I have no outlet for them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative my friend. I worked in my Smash Journal this week. It was a fun change for me and I enjoyed it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your take on Tim's tag Diane. And trust you to make an ATC and an inchie! Thanks for the shout out :O)

    ReplyDelete