Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thrift Store Finds

I check in at my local thrift store almost weekly (the clerks recognize me), and like every second-hand store, some visits are fruitful, and some are not.  I did fairly well this past week.  Some things I'll hang on to and some will wind up at Etsy.  The video was even "free with a purchase."  My daughter was happy about that.

This flower pin is a keeper.  I have a stalled collection of them-- stalled because I hardly ever find one out in the real world anymore.

I also found this new (as in modern and as in never used) salt and pepper shaker set.  I had a couple recipients in mind when I bought it; one of which was my daughter.  I told her if she liked them, I would put them in her hope chest (cardboard box in the basement), and that's where they are now.  She "loved" them.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Now that's my kind of No Winter Whining nature stalking I can relate to. Come link up with us today. You know what Spring means ~ yard sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pin very similar to that in the 70's - I think it was blue and pink. Gosh, I wish I would have kept that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thrifting... my favorite place is Bargain Land-- it is a thrift store, I suppose...but it is only open certain days of the month. I love getting the post card in the mail--
    Anyway- you found some great little items...are those aluminum cups in the background of your top photo? The Honey has been looking for some, we finally found some last year on a Thrifting outing...but it wasn't very thrifty (it was an Antique Mall) ...anyway- they are nice to drink from in the summer!

    have a great day- Pat

    OH! I forget to come here and take your 'random survey' ...but I find them funny and unique to your blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the daisy pin!!! I have a very small collection of them, one that I would like to see grow. But like you, I don't see them that often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why she loved them, they are adorable...

    And I love the idea of a hope chest, why don't we do that more nowadays...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds Diane, I remember those flower pins from when I was young (dating myself, I know!) and I LOVE the salt and pepper shakers, adorable!

    ReplyDelete