Saturday, February 16, 2013

1953 Kitchen

I promised no paper arts today.  This a (um, paper) magazine ad.  Hope that is okay!  I picked up a very kicked about 1953 Woman's Day magazine at a garage sale last year for collage purposes.  This Armstrong flooring ad was inside the back cover.  How about this kitchen?



What do you think?  I usually like strong colors, but I dunno about this combination. I do like those cupboards on the right; notice the red interiors?  Clever island/table too.

Kitchen decor sure has changed!  Comparatively speaking, today's upscale kitchens look like a hotel or restaurant.  Apologies to you upscalers.  In 1953 kitchens looked more homey.  Can't you smell the meatloaf?

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the nook and crannies. Today people redoing RV’s in vintage style would go wild for a peek at your magazine. Have a good weekend, Diane. I will never tire of your paper art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the combo of aqua and red, maybe like you not so much in this kitchen though....but it's cute.

    Funny how tastes change so dramatically.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use mostly black, white and red in this room (my office/studio/what-have-you) but I'm not sure about the blue in the picture. Love the storage!

    ReplyDelete