Saturday, August 2, 2014

ICAD Wrap-Up

ICAD for 2014 has come to an end. Here are my last few cards. This one should be titled something like "Cleaning up The Counter" or "Using Up The Scrap Pile." When I make note cards, etc. I wind up with a little pile of scraps that are too big to toss yet too small to file. I got rid of most of the current pile on this card.

Too cute, right? This card uses 1970s illustrations from two different magazine ads. They were geared at children obviously, but I don't see ads like this today in women's magazines.

This is the kind of card you make when you have a cold in July and are very uninspired. All clipped from a 1970s magazine.

Using the prompt "Angel," I thought of the Jimi Hendrix song entitled the same. Nice song.

Last one-- nothing epic considering it's the last card. Songbird stamps were taken from a USPS catalog, other paper bits, and washi tape.

ICAD was a fun diversion, but I'm glad to get back to my regular crafting routine. Now, what am I going to do with these cards? At the moment, they're in an old recipe box.

Thanks for following along!

4 comments:

  1. Well these are cute.
    will you be selling them? How do you sell a collection like that? Individually, or as a lot? Just curious. I like them in the file index box...and I think if the backs are blank...well, they'd make nice greeting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always use them as notecards. Put envelopes with them and give them as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two of those very same recipe boxes, one was my Mom's, the other belonged to my grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wrap up for your ICAD adventure, I especially love your 'clean up the counter' card and the Jimi Hendrix card, another amazing artist gone much too soon. Now what are you going to do with your ICAD's? Collage, shadow box frame, mounted into an album, used in your other mixed media projects? I like the idea Missy George suggested of using them as gift cards too. Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be wonderful. Thanks for sharing your ICAD journey with us!

    ReplyDelete