Friday, May 3, 2013

Flower Power

I have a few more flowers blooming since my last "flower" post.  These are rather artistic looking.  Up first, a pretty tulip.

Doesn't this tulip look too perfect to be real?

Yes, a dandelion!  Click on the photo to enlarge-- look at those curly stamens.

My husband shot this in my dad's yard last weekend.  The tulips are already done :(

I actually picked this daff to bring in, not noticing it was occupied, and that bee took his sweet time too.

This pretty bunch is in my neighbors' yard-- close enough to the fence that I could snap a picture.

Linking to Mockingbird Hill Cottage and "A Favorite Thing."  Since the weather has cooled off around here once again, it's nice to see some flowers.  Kinda need a visual reminder that it is indeed May!  Flowers really do have "power," don't they?

Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Your photos are so delightful to see, Diane. Beautiful flowers. And I did click on them and look up close.You are a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,

    Your flowers are very very pretty! I am particularly enchanted with the tulip photo!:) Gorgeous colours!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What glorious blooms! Love them all, and that dandelion is amazing. Such complexity in something so small.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels so late to have bulbs finally blooming, but that makes each flower so much better.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos -- love that first one with its stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pictures Diane..Yes, flowers do have power...Love your header...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. Those tulips are so awesome when they open up like that. You're right - they don't look real.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos - I liked the daffodil the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right! That first tulip is amazing! And all the pictures are beautiful...thanks for letting us look at your view.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome blog you've got yourself here! I don't believe we've met til you left your sweet comment on my blog, thanks for that. Your pictures are amazing, honestly, what kind of camera do you have? I want to take pictures as good as yours! I've never seen curls on the flower like that before, it was amazing to enlarge it and see the details. Thanks for sharing ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to everyone who left a comment! To answer Mary-- the camera I use is Canon PowerShot SX110 IS-- several years old. Kind of run-of-the-mill, but my husband (who used to be a pro photographer) swears by Canon. The Macro setting is wonderful!

      Delete
  11. I have daffodils like those you've photographed in my front garden bed. I love them, but of course, they haven't bloomed yet and now I'm away again! At least I can look at your photo!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful blooms and photos....ours haven't gotten that full yet.

    ReplyDelete