Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TT/Mermaids and Water Babies

Good.  This is the last beach/water theme at Tag Tuesday.  "Mermaids and Water Babies" wrap up the month.  Again, I'm reaching a bit; follow along...  Ever see the movie "Head" starring the Monkees?  The opening scene involves Micky jumping off a bridge and being rescued by mermaids.  In true 1960s style, the mermaids are filmed in psychedelic colors-- very cool.  If you've never seen it, take a gander at youtube; search "The Porpoise Song."

I was able to find an image of the "Head" mermaids and so used it for my tag.  The ends of the tag are watercolors which bended in better than I intended.  The song lyrics are from the Monkees' "The Porpoise Song" which plays over the mermaids scene.  In double-checking the lyrics, I learned that song was written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King.


So that's a lot more Monkees trivia than anyone wants on a Tuesday, right?  C'mon, who doesn't feel better after listening to a Monkees song??

Enjoy and jump on that last train to Clarksville!

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying jumping around your blog. I especially like the 60's and 70's stuff. Fun!

    ReplyDelete