Saturday, July 21, 2012

And the Garage Sale Gods Smiled

I usually find some must-have trinket at a Friday garage sale, especially with a child along, but it has been YEARS since I found any enamel flower pins to add to my collection. 15-20 years ago (which, okay, is a long time) I picked them up at garage sales or thrift stores for 25 or 50 cents. Now the only place I find them is on Ebay for 10 bucks or more apiece. Outta my league. Here are yesterday's acquisitions:


It also has been a real drought in the vintage dog statue category.  I like to add to my/my mom's collection.  I found this terrier plus an old lion cookie cutter at the same sale-- cheap too.

I have some of my grandmother's old cookie cutters but no lion.  How can a Leo pass that up?

And for someone currently redecorating a room in a patriotic theme, these peg-hook-things were calling my name.  Not sure if I will repaint or leave them as is.

Even hubby found a "find."

A good garage "saling" hour.  Kinda feel like there's no point going out next week-- can't top this!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment