Thursday, April 16, 2015

Estate Sale Finds

The first estate sale of the year for me-- a pretty packed house and basement, but I didn't walk away with too much. A set of cups, four mice, a small frame, two flower frogs, a folding yardstick, and two books. The zebra covered book is a 1974 Brookfield Zoo guide and the red cover is a Rudyard Kipling poetry book.

The mice on the left are rubber. My grandmother had a couple critters very similar to these on her kitchen window sill for years; unfortunately they sort of fell apart, but these mice sure took me back when I saw them. The two on the left were made in Sweden and are wood. Food/cheese picks, I'd say.

Some vintage Christmas cards with neat designs. Also two small stockings still on the original card.

Let's look at those 1974 zoo admission prices-- parking, one dollar; adults, one dollar; children under 15, free with an adult.  Okay-- what about today's prices??? Parking, ten dollars; adults, 16.95; children 3-11 years old, 11.95. Gulp.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love the zoo book - the prices are wild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... looks like quite a haul to me. ;)
    I like the rulers...the Kipling poetry...and those cups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those mice, too cute! The folding yard stick is a find (have you seen the journals bound with pieces of ruler? These would work great!) and love those flower frogs too. Yes, the cost of living is quite ridiculous isn't it? I don't know how families make ends meet, it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all, and I believe I would have purchased every single thing myself!
    I especially love the cards - and those two little wooden mice are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the cards too. There were more, but they were still in envelopes, believe it or not, and the place was crowded; I was having a hard time going through them so just took a few. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete