Friday, June 7, 2013

Flip Flop Flip

I've recently seen some clever wreaths floating around the internet made out of flip flops.  I just happened to have three pairs of my daughter's flip flops in a bag to go to the second-hand store since she had outgrown them.  I retrieved one pair, thinking there had to be some clever, summery craft I could do with them.  I painted an old wooden frame and a piece of heavy cardboard.


How's this?  I simply hot glued the flip flops to the cardboard and added the words and flowers with more paint.  The total cost to me was ZERO; I had everything on hand.
If painting letters is not your thing, there are a lot of alphabet stickers on the market, or you could paint the background a lighter color and use markers.

Linking to The Thrifty Groove since zero cost is pretty darn thrifty!

Have a nice Friday!

11 comments:

  1. This is amazingly thrifty and so darn cute!! What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing at TTF this week!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment!

      Delete
  3. These are the cutest flip flops! Did you get a pair to wear, too? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea!! A really cute and happy picture for a front porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted you to know you are one of my features at TTF #112 this week! The post will be up on Wed!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. what size frame did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frame is 10" x 13". I picked it up at a second hand store. Those are child size flip flops. Thanks for viewing!

      Delete