Thursday, November 20, 2014

New Collages

I bought a book on collage making. Not scrapbooking type stuff, but old-fashioned collage (and not digital either). I like the card making and all, but would like to get more arty with my work.

Everything I used was cut from a real source such as old magazines, not scanned and copied images. I feel copying is fine in some cases, but don't you think actual pieces are more interesting and meaningful? If old magazine snippets can have meaning, that is.

These are relatively small. 4" x 4" and 3 1/2" x 5" which seem to be functional sizes for me at the moment.

Sort of fun to piece together art. There certainly is a wealth of materials out there.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I need to get 'crafty' too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the authenticity of the vintage paper...I haven't held a piece of your art in my hands. But it just LOOKS good to me! You always have the best subject matter too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love collages! Really fun to do and interesting to look at. Have a good day. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are sweet, Diane - I was actually just thinking about getting all my November & December vintage magazines out and going through them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ♥YOWZA♥ i am having a COLLAGE MOMENT here, please excuse the drool!!! these are OUTSTANDING in every way; and yes, for the record, i LOVE cardmaking, i love digicollage, and i love that there are products made that resemble vintage items... BUT... there's nothing quite as fabulous as "the real thing" made slowly, layer by layer, shuffling all the bits around so they fit like a jigsaw puzzle... collage is still my TRUE LOVE! (& i bet you've converted anyone who didn't previously feel that wayjust with these luscious little panels!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete