Friday, January 8, 2016

2015 Camouflage Award

Long time Lydia's Post readers might recall The Camouflage Awards from a couple previous years. It goes to the one ornament that remains on the Christmas tree when I think I have them all off-- even after double checking. I missed handing out the award last year. Now I'm not sure if I forgot or there wasn't a hold-out ornament. We have a winner this year: Red Plastic Bell.

This is an oldie from WWII, hence the plastic and not glass. It and two others, in different colors, belonged to my grandparents. Notice this bell once got a little too close to those old tree lights; it has a slightly melted spot at the bottom.

So how did we miss a red bell on a white tree? It was way on the bottom. Other than that, I have no idea.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how there is always one that somehow manages to hide until we have packed away all of the ornament boxes?! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember that happening a lot!! Glad I"m not the only one...Hope you are having a good weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter how many of us check the tree, there is always 1 hidden ornament.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete