Friday, June 12, 2015

Outdoorsy Stuff

I have some interesting although unrelated outdoors stuff to share today. First up is my snow-on-the-mountain plant. It was given to me by a friend many years ago and does quite well every year. 

My daughter's toad house with a new resident.

Remember the robin's nest I showed awhile back? They had two babies.

Just a few days ago, we found the nest on the ground. Don't worry-- the babies were out on their own by then, and we hadn't seen any activity there for a couple weeks. Amazing construction!

The next two photos were taken at dusk one slightly stormy evening. These weren't tinkered with in any way. I've never seen clouds like these before. It appeared to be the "bottoms" of big clouds that were highlighted by the setting sun. They resembled big bubbles hanging up there.


Happy weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful nature pics! I love the toad house. What a fun idea. Evidently toads can read. Cute!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real toad is funny and I love that you got to see baby birds! What a neat nest. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the nest wasn't on the ground because one of those bad birds got the babies...There sure is a lot of that going on around here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Diane, glad you have a resident in your daughter's toad house and that the baby robins are out and about! Those types of clouds are called mammatus or mammary clouds, cool aren't they?

    ReplyDelete