Saturday, October 26, 2013

Smashing Bob And An Answer

I added another page to my favorite quotes Smash book last week. I have a few old postcards in my paper stash and chose this one as I thought it looked a bit Bob Ross-ish. I also knew I had some scrapbook paper with paint brushes on it but could not find it. So I resorted to painting a brush right on the paper.  It didn't take watercolors too well, but good enough.  And, yes, I came across the paper with the paint brushes a couple of days later.  Too late!


I had to show this odd little note that is on the back of the postcard.  Isn't it strange? The postmark is hard to make out, but I think it reads 1907.  Think Mary was on a special diet?

Here is the answer to yesterday's little quiz.  That Mammy type doll I posted is a decorated bell.  I had never seen anything like that before, but I did find some on Etsy and Ebay.  A few were souvenirs of New Orleans.

Have a bell ringer of a day out there!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't guess a Mammy Bell Ringer. You had me there. But it is really cute...have never seen one before. Love the postcard scenery...will look like that here soon....

    ReplyDelete