Friday, March 4, 2016

Old School LO

I just finished this layout and decided to link to Shopping Our Stash since this week they are asking for "no white paper." That is trickier than you might think. Anyway, this is a copy photo of my great aunt's grade school class circa 1907. Unfortunately, the little sign in front cannot be read; not by me at any rate. My aunt, if you are curious, is third from the right in the last row, wearing a big bow in the back of her head.

Now I have that old song stuck in my head: "School days, school days, dear old Golden Rule days..." Sorry if you do too now!

Have a nice weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love anything to do with old school books, etc! Enjoy your day sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, no white paper IS trickier than you might think. Your layout is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our "White Out" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page, so much fun with all the letters and numbers and isn't it great to use ephemera with a personal connection! I've never tried not using white and am not too sure that I could--what an interesting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, diane this is AMAZING! i love that you *USE* your vintage treasures and make them even cooler!!! this is superbly done! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (white out!) STASH this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps: had they not invented smiling in 1907??! that is one SOMBER group of small children, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout Diane, the colours perfectly compliment that fabulous picture!

    ReplyDelete