Sunday, January 31, 2016

Grandma and Garden LO

How about a leafy, garden themed layout this time of year? I made this months ago but never got around to posting it. This is my grandmother as a teenager or so my mother thought. I guess I would agree with that. How about that bamboo chair? Pretty exotic. I played up the garden, flower theme because this grandmother loved to plant flowers and had a lot of houseplants too. She really had a green thumb. The garden text and older flower photos are from an old, very used BH & G Garden Book I picked up at a garage sale a few years ago for 25 cents. I've certainly got my money's worth out of that!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Diane...Nice collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really pretty, Diane - really creative, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your collage! My one grandma, who lived in the city of Oakland, CA had a green thumb for only two plants. One, an avocado tree that she planted from a seed and finally produced one avocado after forty years. Two, she had an orchid plant that I remember once having 100 blooms on it. She had a whole sun porch dedicated to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment. 100 blooms?! My oh my! I hope someone took a picture of it at the time.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful picture and great LO to complement your Grandma's picture! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete