Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Vintage Grandma LO

I'm not sure if my grandmother would mind being called "vintage," but this photo is very old. It was taken in about 1904. That makes me wonder if pictures we print ourselves these days will survive that long? Oh well, that's a topic for another post. Back to the layout-- a copy of a photo of my grandmother when she was about 5 or 6 (don't you think?); no one dated photos back then. Rather exasperating! How about those curls?

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day out there!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Both the LO and your grandma. I'd agree on the age. I sure hope pictures we take last, which reminds me I have a bunch I need to actually print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm bad about printing photos...

      Delete
  2. I admire people that keep old family pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo..A keepsake for sure..I have my doubts about todays pics..Who knows??

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, Diane.

    I don`t know what kind of photo record our future generations will have, even myself, I very seldom have printed pictures, unless they are for SMASHing - so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old photos like this - such history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, YES, that is such an awesome pic and you've done it proud!!! (& i can't imagine granny would mind being called "vintage" at this point, but maybe we should say the photo is vintage and she is an adorable kiddo!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love old photos! I do have some of our family... theyre fantastic... inspiring too! By that I mean works of art almost. Not todays SELFIE OR DIGITAL ... for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful photo and your beautiful layout complements it perfectly Diane! And in my mind, vintage is a very good thing so I don't think that your Grandmother would mind the designation at all ☺

    ReplyDelete