Monday, April 6, 2015

Four Generations LO

I'm showing another layout I recently finished. This is a photo (copy) from 1920 of four generations on my mother's side of the family. The baby is my aunt, my mom's sister. Their mom is the youngest at the top; her mother is to the left and her mother is straight across.  Got that?

Notice how the baby is holding onto Great-Gram's blouse? I always thought that was a cute touch.

Do families still take "generation" photos today? I haven't seen one in a long time.

Have a good day!

7 comments:

  1. Sweet photo, Lydia, and I do love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there was one taken at a recent wedding that I attended..They have gone by the wayside pretty much, I think..Nice collage..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful photo and a nice way to enjoy it. I don't live close to family so it's hard to get those family photos! Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those old photographs - so much fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I see families down here take generation photos a lot! I should dig some of mine out.
    I have one of My Granny, Mom, Me and my girls (4 generations)
    ...and I was just telling my daughter, the next time My dad, my brother, and my grand-daughter (who are all named the same) are together at an event We NEED a photo of them. My grand-daughter and my brother are named after my dad--- who also has an old family name. So a photo of them together would be nice.
    I wish we had a 5 generation photo...but sadly we don't.
    So... you asked do people still take them?
    I ask...is this just a southern thing? Or do others up north do it too?
    anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh what a PRICELESS photo and your layout gives it the perfect home! gorgeous, missus! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful you have this great generational picture Diane, love your layout.

    ReplyDelete