Monday, January 26, 2015

SPA Robert Burns Night

Sunday Postcard Art has a very interesting theme this week. Robert Burns Night/Scotland. I was aware of Robert Burns, but have never heard of Robert Burns Night which was yesterday. Even if you're thinking "Robert who?" you most certainly know Auld Lang Syne; he wrote that. He also wrote the well known line on my postcard in the poem To A Mouse. The line is more commonly known as "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry," but I chose to use the original.


Thanks for viewing, and I hope your best laid schemes stay on track today!

9 comments:

  1. It's lovely, my friend!Burns is inspiring huh!I studied him because I am a Literature teacher. My major is in English Literature and minor is in Brazilian Literature. Art and Literature is everything iin my life.Love cardmaking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was aware of Burns Night because of Mike Biles' blog, A Bit About Britain. Otherwise, I would not have known when it was, though I did know that it existed. :-) Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I have felt much like scheming...better get busy! lol Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Robbie Burns, he's a well known chappie north of the border! I saw the prompt over at SPA, will have to put on my tartan and create a postcard. Great interpretation Diane and love that you used the Gaelic quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Great design and words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute collage and great Burns quote too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always like that line-- just wish it wasn't so true ;)

      Delete
  7. wonderful postcard. thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete