Sunday, January 25, 2015

Great Aunt LO

I had a little "free" crafting time a couple weekends ago so made something for myself.  A layout of my Great Aunt Madge. I have mentioned her once or twice here before. This is a photo copy of her at quite a young age, 19 or so. Love the hat!

My grandmother, Aunt Madge's sister, is the one who wrote "Auntie Madge" on the top of the photo. As much as I would say that is defacing a photograph, I'm glad she did; I think it adds to its charm.

Have a charming day!

6 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! I have too many photos that have absolutely no identification at all on them. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does add to the charm, plus having your grandmothers writing is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what year was Madge's photo taken, it looks 1920-ish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Diane..Good job..Hope you had a good weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout Diane, the picture of your great aunt is lovely! Love that it has your grandmother's handwriting on it too.

    ReplyDelete