Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Doors Postcard Art

For the "music" theme over at Sunday Postcard Art this week, I came up with the piece below. It was the first time I ever tried a transfer technique. Clear package tape is used to make the image transparent. The band members and "THE DOORS" text were given this treatment. What do you think? Kinda neat, I guess. I would definitely try it again.

At this angle, you can see the glossy effect of the tape. That is a different look to my work. Different is good.

Have a good day; maybe try something different!

12 comments:

  1. Cool! I was expecting doors, as in, points of entry. LOL I do love that transfer technique. I've done it a couple times myself, but not for a long time. It seems almost magical, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful, Diane and you know I love The Doors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting ...I'm not sure how the clear tape makes it transparent, though. It is hard to tell...maybe a tutorial by you? ;) (or a link explaining for this lacky)
    I do like the subject matter though!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your project turned out. I've read about the tape technique and now I know someone who's actually done it, made it work! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great collage postcard of the group! I've read about the tape technique but have not tried it. I wonder if they'll figure out how to make tape in a matte finish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cool Diane!! Just saw a movie on The Doors- Freaky!! Another great loss at such a young age!
    Love the tape technique- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Yes, The Doors were part of a freaky time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the doors, Jim Morrison was so hunky :O) I've tried the tape transfer method before and love it, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete