Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Steampunk SPA

Sunday Postcard Art is using the popular theme of Steampunk this week.  I've never been into that, and did one ATC last year (almost to the day) so thought maybe it was time to give it another go.  The main image is a Xerox copy, watercolored, of an old photo of my great-great aunt and her family.


If you're interested, view the other entries over at SPA-- a lot more creative and "punky" than mine.

And I'm not posting any pictures, but would you believe we had snow yet again overnight???  When will this madness end?

Hope your weather is more Springy!

17 comments:

  1. I love the Steampunk look! Cool card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! We're springy around here though cloudy and a bit chilly, but I won't complain ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear somewhere Spring has sprung!

      Delete
  3. I love your ATC! It's fascinating old time creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just for the record it's postcard size 4" x 6".

      Delete
  4. A really striking postcard, Diane. Love the fresh colours and the family photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really didn't think too much of it after viewing the other SPA submissions.

      Delete
  5. You are so creative, Diane!!

    Hate to say it but we are expecting snow Thursday and Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're having a pretty day..but still a little chilly, I guess because of the breeze. I don't know what your temp is...but were at a balmy 60° today.
    And...finally have some flowers poking out.
    I find the Steampunk themes interesting. I'm fascinated by it really and it intrigues me to see the growing interest in it.
    I'm heading over to see the other submissions.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. For someone who's not into steampunk you did a mighty fine job! Love it Diane and hope it's finally stopped snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That family picture is sooo cool! I'd love to have that as a stamp! I like your card, too. The happy family on their way to the spa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! That image would make a good stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful postcard so many great little details...beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Diane- loving your Steampunk fam!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Appreciate the comment!

      Delete